1. Emma turns her right foot inward when she stands or attempts to walk. To try to fix that bad habit, we bought her a pair of shoes. Matthew calls them her "Minnie Mouse shoes" and insists on always being the one to put them on for her.
2. Emma was totally rocking her "Shea Stadium" outfit today.
4. Have you heard of Coursera? I have been taking a couple classes online through them and am totally hooked. I just finished a nutrition course where I diligently listened to all lectures, meticulously completed all assignments, finished all my exams. and received a 105%. I'm still an overachiever.
5. Emma turns one on Tuesday of next week and I can barely believe it! I still remember walking around nearly two weeks over my due date thinking she was never going to show up. Matthew and I will be making a strawberry cake for our little pink princess on Tuesday. The cake flavor was Matthew's idea: "Emma needs a pink cake, Mommy!"
6. My sisters and I are trying to start an annual tradition of getting together for a "sister weekend." I will be hosting it at my home this year and Catherine has already volunteered to host at her house the following year. We are planning on getting our nails done, spending some time at the beach, making a yummy dessert together, and simply enjoying each other's company. I am beyond excited!
7. I am known for killing plants. Every plant I touched seems to instantly die (unless, of course, the problem is that I don't touch them at all and dehydration claims them). So, naturally, when Paul brought home a beautiful orchid (my favorite flower) for me last week, instead of being pleased I instantly broke out into a cold sweat. It's so beautiful...and certainly too young to die. I am definitely planning a call to my Mother-in-law to beg her for some tips and tricks for keeping this thing alive. Last summer during her visit, she showed us how to prune our new rose bushes and suddenly they started flowering and growing like mad. She has the magic touch.
Here is a picture of my beautiful plant as it appears this morning...
And here is a picture of what the future holds for my poor plant should I not get some serious help. It's stressing me out! I can't have the death of another potted organism on my conscience.
Well that's it for me. Head on over to Conversion Diary for more quick takes!